Injury may be happened of any kind of ligaments, fluid-filled sacs (bursae) or tendons that surround your knee joint as well as the bones, ligaments, cartilage and that form the joint itself. There are Some of the more common knee injuries include bellow:
Most Common Knee Injuries :
- ACL injury – An ACL injury is the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) . ACL is one of four ligaments that connect your shinbone to your thighbone. An ACL injury is particularly common in people who play soccer, basketball, or any other sports that require sudden changes in direction.
Severe pain and inability to continue activity.
A loud “pop” or a “popping” sensation in the knee.
Swelling that begins within a few hours.
Loss of range of motion
A feeling of instability or “giving way” with weight bearing.
- Fractures. The bones of the knee, including the kneecap (patella), can be broken during motor vehicle collisions or falling from high. Some People whose bones have been weakened by osteoporosis can sometimes sustain a knee fracture.
- Torn meniscus. The meniscus is made of tough, rubbery cartilage and performances as a shock absorber between your shinbone and thighbone. It may be torn if you suddenly twist your knee while bearing weight on it.
- Knee bursitis. Some of knee injuries may be causes inflammation in the bursae, bursa is the small sacs of fluid that cushion the outside of your knee joint so that tendons and ligaments glide efficiently over the joint.
- Patellar tendinitis. Patellar Tendinitis is irritation and inflammation of one or more tendons – the thick, fibrous tissues that attach muscles to bones. Cyclists, runners, skiers and those are involved in the jumping sports or activities are prone to develop inflammation in the patellar tendon, which is attaches the quadriceps muscle on the front of the thigh to the shinbone.
For know more visit on wikipedia.
Other Knee pain Osteoarthritis.